What and why we process data
- When you use the Website and/or Services, we process personal data relating to you:
- When using Services and Website:
Which? Identification data, visitor behavior website
Why (purpose)? Processing of application
Legal basis? Justified interest
- When registering for an event, downloading whitepapers, cases and files, requesting a demo and when contacting us:
Which? Identification data
Why (purpose)? Posting related information and supplements
Legal basis? Consent
- When applying online:
Which? Identification data, resume & cover letter
Why (purpose)? Cover letter
Legal basis? Consent
- In principle, we obtain the personal data mentioned above directly from you. In addition to the above, we may also process your personal data:
- To provide you with the information on products and services you request in a personalized and efficient manner, either through the website, e-mail, telephone or social media channels.
- To process your personal data so that we can provide a proper service.
- For direct marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offers and other advertising from us or our selected partners. For this we will ask your permission.
- To perform statistical analysis to improve our Website and/or Services, or develop new products or services.
- To provide to a financial institution or payment service provider, to enable your bank and the payment service provider to fulfill their obligations.
- To transfer to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there are reasonable suspicions of an unlawful act or crime committed through your registration with or use of the Website or the Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition of/by or demerger by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
- If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered (a) a violation of the Terms and Conditions or proprietary rights, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of our services, (c) a danger to the Website or Services or systems of us or our subcontractors due to viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
Who we share data with
- We may use third-party processors to provide you with the best possible website. We ensure that third party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf, and upon written instructions from us.
- We will not transmit your personal data to third parties in an identifiable manner if this is not required to provide the services, without your explicit consent to do so.
- We may transfer anonymized data to other organizations that may use this data to improve products and services and to customize the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
Where we process data
- We and our third party processors will process your identifiable personal data only in the European area.
- We may transfer your anonymized data to organizations outside the European area. If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights relating to personal data that you might enjoy under applicable law are guaranteed.
How we process data
- We will use our best efforts to process only your personal data necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this policy. We will process your personal data in a lawful and transparent manner. As well as do our utmost to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date.
- Your personal data will only be processed until you withdraw your consent to the processing. This withdrawal of consent may imply that you are no longer able to use all or part of the website services. If you have registered with our website, we will delete your personal data when you delete your profile, unless a legal or regulatory obligation or a court or administrative order would prevent this.
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft and from accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our personnel or personnel of our third party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
Your rights regarding personal data
- You have the right to request access to any personal data we process about you. However, access requests that are made with the apparent intention of causing inconvenience or damage to us will not be processed.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our website, however, you can correct many of these data yourself through your profile. If such a request is made, you must also enclose with this request proof that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data. This can be done by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In lieu of deletion, you may also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy of such data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data are no longer necessary for the stated purposes, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of data if you can prove that there are serious and legitimate reasons related to special circumstances that justify such an opposition. However, if the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification.
- When your personal data are processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you may receive your provided personal data in a structured format.
- If you wish to make a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, please send an email to email@example.com. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated, signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your identity card. If the request proves to be valid, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
- If you have a problem with about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you can file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission.